Chris Noice, Communications Director at the Association of Convenience Stores, joins Natalie to discuss Britain’s shoplifting epidemic. They explore:
- The scale of the problem and factors driving the growing wave of shoplifting.
- What motivates shoplifters and is it a victimless crime?
- Cops in shops – will we see more retailers and shopping centres collaborate with the police for in-store police stations?
- From equipping staff with body cams to hiring undercover security guards – what more can retailers do to deter theft?
- Retail staff abuse and the issue of under-reporting.
- The rise of middle class shoplifting and how automation is exacerbating the problem.
- Will retailers see more TikTok-inspired mass shoplifting rampages?
- How can the government take action to curb the rise in shoplifting?