Natalie Berg is a trusted commentator for UK retail stories, with regular TV and radio appearances on the BBC, Sky News, Bloomberg and CNBC.
She provides the media with objective views and analysis on retailer performance, strategic developments and industry/consumer trends.
To book an interview with Natalie, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media and industry appearances
- This is Money: Lidl planning online delivery service
- The Times: Amazon casts a shadow over British supermarkets
- Yorkshire Post: Morrisons need not fear Sainsbury’s/Asda
- BBC Newsnight (TV): interview on Sainsbury’s-Asda (20 min in)
- BBC Rip-Off Britain (TV): commentary on future of loyalty (30 min in)
- Essential Retail: Sainsbury’s-Asda merger: A new retail tech powerhouse?
- Marketing Week: Balancing Sainsbury’s quality messaging with Asda’s focus on value
- Huffington Post: What Could The Sainsbury’s Asda Merger Mean For Shoppers?
- Sky News: Stores will close if Asda and Sainsbury’s merge, union warns
- BBC Business Live: ‘Investing in what Amazon can’t do’
- Essential Retail: Two sides to the story, says struggling Debenhams
- LSN: How to Future-Proof the Physical Store
- This is Money: Next bids to be the new John Lewis
- Retail Week: Walmart vs Amazon – clash of the titans
- The Times Future of Retail special report: Legacy retailers must diversify or die
- Essential Retail: Online and wholesale fuel Morrisons comeback
- BBC News (TV): interview on the state of the high street
- International Women’s Day: A celebration of women in ecommerce
- IWD: 10 women leading the way in the retail tech world
- CNBC: French retailer Systeme U discussing supply deal with Amazon
- BBC World Service (radio): World Business Report – interview on Toys R Us
- ITV News (TV): Was private equity to blame for Maplin’s failure?
- Retail Week: Analysis: Maplin and Toys R Us – lessons from retail’s Black Wednesday
- Bloomberg: Amazon and Brexit Take Toll as Toys ‘R’ Us U.K., Maplin Fail
- Guardian: 5,500 jobs at risk as Toys R Us and Maplin face administration
- Prepare for the ‘retail apocalypse’ with mobile, warns analyst
- Berg Leaves Planet to Launch NBK Retail
- E-commerce panel debate at the Summit Scorecard event
- NBK Retail launches, issues stark warning to retailers
— BBC Newsnight (@BBCNewsnight) April 30, 2018
NBK Retail Launches, Bringing Fresh Insights and Trend Predictions to the Retail Sector
Infographic charts the forces impacting retail in 2018
21 February 2018 — London, UK – NBK Retail officially opens its doors today, delivering valuable insights on the trends shaping the retail sector. The business is founded by Natalie Berg, retail analyst, author and industry commentator.
Berg launches NBK Retail with a stark warning to major players in the UK retail industry who she believes are sleepwalking into a retail apocalypse. “The UK retail sector is facing unprecedented levels of change,” says Berg. “The convergence of physical and digital retail is accelerating, which will lead to more high street closures and require a complete reinvention of bricks and mortar retailing. The store of the future will be less about transactions; instead it must become a hub for both experiences and fulfilment.
“Meanwhile, retailers must prepare for a seemingly permanent shift in consumer values. When it comes to discretionary spending, consumers are increasingly prioritising experiences over material goods, a trend that reinforces the urgency to redefine the retail space. The scale and pace of the changes we are witnessing is unparalleled; there will be no second chances for retailers that fail to adapt.”
NBK Retail marks its launch by publishing an infographic to highlight the biggest forces in retail in 2018. The consultancy, which specialises in retail trends and strategy, provides valuable insights to clients from a broad range of sectors including retailers, suppliers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, consultancies and the investor community. It launches amid a rapidly evolving sector and aims to enable retail industry companies to navigate the major forces impacting retail success.
Berg has more than 15 years’ experience providing clients with an in-depth understanding of the retail sector and future trends, most recently as Director of Retail Insights at Planet Retail. She is a regular industry commentator for the BBC, Bloomberg, CNBC and Sky News. Berg is also a published author, and is currently finalising her latest book which is focused on the rise of Amazon, providing original insights at a time when the company is on the cusp of revolutionising itself even further.
“Retail is one of the most challenging sectors to operate in as technology continues to disrupt traditional business models and the current economy creates significant uncertainty. We have identified the most active trends in 2018 – the areas we are seeing the greatest demand for consultancy services.”
For more information or to enquire about availability for guest commentary, please contact: