Brittain Ladd, former Amazon executive and one of the world’s leading experts in retail strategy, robotics, microfulfillment, logistics, and supply chain management, joins Natalie to break down what a potential Amazon-Ocado deal might look like. They discuss:
- Why Brittain believes that Amazon should buy Ocado.
- Why Amazon would want to double down on grocery e-commerce just when shoppers are returning to supermarkets.
- Whether acquiring Ocado would be a tech/fulfilment play or a chance to finally accelerate its own grocery ambitions.
- Implications for Ocado’s existing global partners (ie. Kroger, Sobeys, Coles, ICA, Auchan etc)
- What is Amazon’s end game – does it want to be a grocer or a technology vendor?
- How might grocery e-commerce evolve and what role will AI play?
- Why Brittain believes that Amazon will still be disrupting by 2030.